The mission of this certificate is to educate students about gerontological theories and practices and provide students with gerontological internship and service learning experiences. These educational objectives will give these students the skills that they need for frontline positions in practice and administrative positions in social service organizations. An in-depth curriculum that emphasizes leadership, decision-making, client-centered management, team building, negotiating, budget and finance, and the successful management of grants will guide FSU students in successfully managing social service agencies and affecting policy and practice on all levels.
For questions relating to this certificate, please contact Jean Munn at (850) 644-9748 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applying for the Gerontology/Aging Studies Certificate:
A completed application package shall include the following:
- Complete online application form (below).
- Proposed program of studies – please outline your curriculum plan for completing the certificate program (specify courses for each semester).
- One (1) letter of recommendation.
- A statement of your career goals (5 page limit) addressing how the certificate/specialized studies program will aid in your accomplishing your goals.
- A copy of your updated resume.
*The submission of an application does not guarantee admission to the program.
*Degree seeking student must be accepted to both the University and the College of Social Work.
*Non-degree seeking students can apply through the FSU Office of Admissions (850-644-3420) and then contact the College of Social Work for acceptance into the certificate/specialized studies program.