Wekiva Springs Center seeks Admissions Consultant
Wekiva Springs Center is a 120-bed acute behavioral health hospital providing quality care for older adults, chemical dependency/substance abuse, and mental health inpatient and outpatient services. We offer care in a gender-specific program for men and women. We are conveniently located near I-95 and J Turner Butler in Southside area. Duties for an Admissions Clinician includes the following:
· Communicates the programming to the potential patient and their family members or loved ones.
· Conducts an assessment to determine appropriate level of care.
· Obtain doctor's orders for the patients.
· Understands how to interpret benefit sheets and communicates benefit information to patients and families.
· Reviews patient with accepting MD to determine level of care.
· Obtains information on transfers and initiates transfer process (sending and receiving).
· Verbally demonstrates an understanding of EMTALA rules and regulations.
· Notifies unit of admission.
· Pre-certifies patient with insurance company and documents authorization information on the 1371.
· Demonstrates understanding of the sign in process and responsibilities.
· Inputs patient data and assigns patient intake/admit number from MS4 system.
· Notifies the appropriate facility management of any potential problems related to admission, payment or patient/staff incident.
· Places wristbands on patients with patient name and MD for patients admitted through the lobby.
· Copies insurance ID card and patient ID or Drivers License, where appropriate.
· Obtains releases of information
· Updates bed board
· Prints face sheets and labels
· Initiates follow-up calls
· Logs assessment data into HMS
· Admits/discharges/transfers patients in HMS
· Maintains refrigeration log
· Completes wellness checks
· Completes High Alerts for acute issues
· Completes Hospital's Census report
Completes incident reports when needed
The following are the job requirements for the Admissions Consultant position:
· Must have a Master's Degree in Behavioral Health or a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida
· Must have at least 1 year experience with Intake or Evaluation/Assessment in a Behavioral Health Setting
· Must have excellent people skills
· Proficient with Microsoft Office
· Must be able to maneuver throughout the building
· Must be effective when communicating with doctors, referral agencies, patients, and family members in person and on the telephone.
Email Resume and Cover to:
Caroline Bateman Sudhoff, SPHR
Director – Human Resources