COUNSELORS (OUTPATIENT & AFTERCARE (Position’s available immediately)
LOCATED AT 555 STOCKTON STREET & SULZBACHER CENTER FOR THE HOMELESS
Salary, Schedule discussed after interview
Criminal Background, TB Test & Pre-Employment Drug Screening required
Provide both direct and indirect services to clients in a multidisciplinary treatment team. Services provided include screenings, assessments, orientation, case management, individual and group therapy as well as treatment planning. Demonstrate competencies in client population served. . Assist Director of OP Services as needed.
- Ensure quality internal and external customer care and service.
- Provide screening and assessments and make recommendations.
- Provide orientation, treatment, individual and group therapy, case management, and discharge planning services.
- Ensure completeness and timeliness of clinical documents and administrative forms to include credentialing once CAP is obtained.
- Demonstrate flexibility as a team member and promote a positive working environment.
- Make an attempt to contact family/social contacts of each client to gather corroborating information, if applicable.
- Complete GAIN and/or BPSA
- Learn how to utilize agency’s electronic health record: AVATAR
- Attend bi-weekly OP team meetings/supervision.
- Perform peer review assessments monthly
- Attend Medical Staffing with Medical Director as needed.
- Perform special projects and other Agency related assignments as requested.
- Must pass required background investigation.
- Must complete all required training.
- Must abide by Agency's Code of Ethics, Agency Standards, Policy and Procedures Manuals.
- Must practice universal precautions as part of regular job duties whenever applicable.
- Must possess competencies required to effectively understand and deal with population served.
- Must complete 20 hours job related training annually.
- No more than 5% error rate in AVATAR documentation striving for 0% error rate. All errors, once identified, must be completed within 3 working days.
- Must be able to perform assigned work independently with minimal supervision.
- Timely and regularly complete all required documentation, reports, and other Agency related paperwork.
- Ability to function as an effective team member.
- Maintain the work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Ensure safe operating conditions within the area of responsibility.
- Must not engage in behaviors that erode the cohesiveness of the program staff.