Ensure that the Child Mental Health (1304.24) Performance Standards are met in Head Start and Early Head Start. The specialist will be expected to support timely and effective identification of, and intervention in family and staff concerns about a child’s mental health. Work with teachers, home visitors, and program support staff to use observations, screening results, and other systematic ways to identify and address children’s needs. Observe and visit multiple classrooms and other settings in the program in order to understand the overall program design and to be recognized by center staff and families as an approachable team member who understands the program design and environment. Schedule regular on-site mental health consultation involving program staff and parents on how to:
- Design and implement program practices responsive to the identified behavioral and mental health concerns of an individual child or group of children;
- Promote children’s mental wellness by providing group and individual staff and parent education on mental health issues;
- Assist in providing special help for children with atypical behavior or development; and
- Utilize other community mental health resources, as needed
- Keep informed of current professional knowledge and strategies for social-emotional development through participation in workshops and by reading professional publications.
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other related marginal duties as required.)
This link sends applicants to our website description and application: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1443103