Job Title: Program Director, Career Advising & Counseling
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Full/Part Time: Full-time
Apply On or Before: The Search Committee is anticipating expedient review by the Search Committee with an anticipated search completion during Summer 2017.
Department (if applicable): Florida State University Career Center
Responsibilities: The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages the direct career advising and counseling services and develops new programs to improve services for students.
- Coordinates the daily operation of The Career Center’s career advising and counseling services.
- Assists in establishing and implementing policies and procedures related to individual career advising and counseling services.
- Oversees scheduling, training, and supervision of staff and Career Advisors for Career Center coverage in the implementation of career advising and counseling services.
- Directs the development of new career advising and counseling services.
- Works with referral agencies to improve and integrate career advising and counseling services within The Career Center.
- Provides direction and guidance to staff in order to support the daily operation of career advising and counseling services.
- Assists with staffing activities, including but not limited to, hiring, training, and performance reviews.
- Assists the Director in developing the annual budget and monitoring expenses.
- Teaches one section of SDS 3340 as the instructor of record for approximately 30 students twice a year.
- Collects and reports activity data for career advising and counseling services on a semester and annual basis or upon request.
- In consultation with the Research and Evaluation Committee, develops and implements an evaluation plan for career advising and counseling services.
- Participates in the development of Career Center policies regarding student records, fees, assessments, and reports.
- Serves as a liaison to internal and external constituents, which includes presenting at regional and national professional meetings.
- Delivers career outreach programs to campus community groups.
- Provides direct career advising and counseling services within the Career Center.
- Provides outreach presentations to student groups and faculty/staff.
- Collaborates with the Psychological Counseling Services program in recruiting career counseling MS/EdS students.
Qualifications: The minimum requirements for this position include, but are not limited to, the following qualifications:
- A doctoral degree is strongly preferred
- Master’s Degree in Counseling related field with four years of professional experience. (Note: higher education can substitute toward years of experience at the equivalent rate.)
- Experience communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Experience in preparing clear and concise reports, policies, procedures, correspondence, and other written materials.
- Experience with developing and implementing policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Experience training and supervising employees.
- Experience with principles and practices of project planning, development, and evaluation.
- Experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Experience with applicable computer applications and basic computer functions.
- Experience with evaluating process effectiveness and developing changes or alternatives.
- Experience utilizing problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply related federal, state, and local laws, ordinances, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply related University policies, procedures, principles, and practices.
Anticipated Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
How to Apply: To apply, visit Florida State University’s Employment & Recruitment Services website at https://jobs.fsu.edu and search by Job ID: 41365