Are you passionate about shaping the future of America’s Youth? Boys Town is changing the way America cares for children, families and communities by providing and promoting an Integrated Continuum of Care that instills Boys Town values to strengthen body, mind and spirit.
Our mission is centered on creating an environment for children that includes trust, discipline, emotional support and respect. We believe that all children and youth have the potential to become bright, productive, adjusted, loving people. . Join our Town today and help us shape the future of America!
The Volunteer Program Coordinator manages all activities required to recruit and train volunteers. Part time hours will include working evening hours Monday through Friday from 2pm until 7pm. May work some weekends for special events.
- Directs and works with Family Support Services staff on developing strategies and advertisements to implement in recruiting volunteers.
- Meets with volunteers on a regular basis to assess continuing training needs and to assist them in their assignment and projects; monitors hours and activities of volunteers to determine if additional recruitment efforts are needed.
- Manages the recruitment of potential volunteers. Conducts initial interviews and orientations with potential volunteers. Requests driving and criminal background checks and reviews references and ensures compliance.
- Develops reports and tracking mechanisms to track volunteers.
- Participates in speaking engagements and gives information on volunteer requirements. Coordinates, plans, and supervises initial and ongoing education activities for volunteers and educational workshops of potential volunteers to include state specific and Boys Town specific materials.
- Develops annual education calendar of initial, ongoing, and network meeting topics; develops and collects materials for ongoing education.
- Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration, and ethical behavior.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with families and with community service resources.
- Provides screening and assessment to determine program eligibility and identifies areas to address in the service.
- Maintains appropriate level of direct contact with families per program requirements.
- Prepares and submits reports and recommendations concerning case load status, budget requests, changes in service plans, and any unusual incidents that occur in the operation of the program.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Sciences or Human Services is preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of previous experience including administrative; experience recruiting and training volunteers is preferred.
- Must provide own transportation (mileage reimbursed) to complete travel requirements of the job.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Knowledge of and experience with training or recruitment and selection.
- Advanced critical-thinking and problem-solving, including ability to make assessments, and use sound judgment.
- Ability to plan and carry out an effective community recruitment program.
- Ability to research, plan, organize, and conduct training programs with adult learners; ability to comfortably utilize a collaborative approach to teaching and learning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex material.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
- Knowledge of community resources and service providers available in the geographical area; knowledge of the functions and services of the community organizations and related human services.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization and with external business contacts in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Please contact us at 1-877-639-6003 if you need an accommodation to complete the application process.
Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Apply Online at https://jobs.boystown.org/