- Advocate with NASW-FL training – February 20th @ 10am. Click to register.
- March is Social Work Month! Here is our lineup of events:
- SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE! Deadline to apply is March 2! Click here for details.
- McNeece Field Scholarship also available. Details on Financial Assistance page. Deadline is also March 2!
- Doctoral Program Info Session – Friday, February 27 @ 11am. Click here for details.
A new report from the Florida Institute for Child Welfare — created last year as part of a wide-ranging reform law — calls for state leaders to go well beyond their previous efforts to fix the state’s troubled child-protection system. The 50-page report, submitted Friday to Gov. Rick Scott, Senate President Andy Gardiner and House Speaker Steve Crisafulli, focused on “the need for a statewide, system-wide child welfare strategic plan” that pulls together the disparate […]
The Florida State University College of Social Work was well represented at the 2015 Society for Social Work and Research annual conference in January in New Orleans, Louisiana. The College hosted a reception at the Galvez Restaurant on Friday, January 16th for alumni and friends in the French Quarter and had a booth in the conference exhibit hall. Some of the highlights of the SSWR conference for the College included the recognition of Drs. Tomi […]
Kenisha Anthony entered the foster care system when she was 5 years old. After she aged out at 18, she didn’t know where to go or what to do. “When I aged out, I didn’t feel like my social worker had my best interest,” she said. “I wasn’t able to get independent living or any benefits. I didn’t know my rights. I got no help.” Anthony wanted to keep that from happening to other foster […]