- Military Caregiver Appreciation Luncheon – Nov. 6 @ 12pm. Click for details.
- Doctoral Program Information Sessions: Jacksonville – Oct. 29 & Gainesville – Nov.15
- Alternative Spring Break Info Session – Oct. 1 @ 5pm. Click for details. And, for the application, click here.
- Alumni Breakfast @ Hotel Duval on Nov. 14, 9-11am. Click for details.
- FSU College of Social Work Denver Reception – Oct. 16 @ 6:30pm. Click here for details.
Fighting domestic violence is my passion, and as a student at Florida State University I am always looking for ways to learn more about this very important issue. The courses I have taken at the College of Social Work and my ongoing experience as a research assistant at the Institute for Family Violence Studies has provided me with a growing knowledge about domestic violence. However, as I listen to a lecture inside of a classroom […]
MSW students Cristina Batista and Jasmine Haynes will join a select group of students from public and private universities to experience the Florida Gubernational Fellows Program. This program provides a year-long immersive experience for these students in key areas of state government and on-the-job training. Jasmine (pictured in gray), a traditional MSW student in the Social Leadership Concentration, has been been placed for her fellowship with the Department of Children and Families. She is from […]
The Florida State University College of Social Work celebrated with alumni, donors, faculty, staff and students at the annual Student Scholarship and Distinguished Alumni Dinner on September 10, 2015 at the FSU Alumni Association. Dean Jim Clark and faculty member Rosalyn Deckerhoff presided over the ceremony, which included words of gratitude and inspiration from MSW student Rachel Mack. A majority of the 57 social work scholarship recipients at the BSW, MSW and Ph.D. level were […]