Rolling Admission for Fall 2024 Admission Consideration
Application Closing: March 1, 2024
Applicants are encouraged to apply early and to complete the application by the end of December 2023.
More information about our rolling admission process can be found below.
- An MSW degree with a Grade Point Average of at least 3.0 from a graduate school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- “Good standing” status at the last school attended.
- A Graduate Record Examination (GRE)* taken within the previous 5 years. Please visit the GRE website at www.ets.org/gre for more information about the GRE, including registration information. Official GRE scores must be sent from ETS directly to FSU. The FSU institutional code is 5219.
- For International Applicants, including those with a graduate degree from a U.S. university, please see the Doctoral Program Admissions Toolkit for English language proficiency requirements.
*The GRE could be waived for students who meet at least one criterion from each of the two categories below. To be considered for a waiver from the FSU College of Social Work Doctoral Program application for fall 2024 admissions consideration, please submit your current resume/CV and any relevant additional supplementary materials.
- Success and Aptitude for Research:
- Undergraduate or graduate research-based thesis in a relevant field.
- Post-undergraduate research experience in a relevant field.
- Post-graduate research experience in a relevant field.
- Participation in the FSU Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP) or equivalent experience.
- Extensive (at least 2 years) relevant research or clinical experience related to the applicant’s research interests.
- Co-authored research paper published in a peer-reviewed scientific journal.
- Extensive (at least 2 years) relevant employment related to the applicant’s graduate training goals.
- Academic Preparation:
- Upper-division undergraduate GPA of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher from any nationally or internationally accredited college or university.
- MSW GPA of 3.75 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher from any Council of Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited college or university.
If you meet or exceed these requirements, we encourage you to continue with the application process. However, please keep in mind that meeting these requirements does not guarantee admission, only admission consideration. The admissions process is limited and competitive. Only those applicants who have complete application files will be considered for admission.
Admission Application & materials:
A completed admission application should be completed online. Please see the Admissions Toolkit (link below) for details about the admissions process, and for descriptions of the application materials.
Fall 2024 Rolling Admissions Process:
Florida State University College of Social Work Doctoral Program will conduct rolling admission for the fall 2024 admission consideration. It is beneficial for prospective students to prepare and submit all required application materials as soon they are ready, and completion of the application by December 2023 is encouraged. The Doctoral Program Committee will review applications within 8 weeks from submission of a fully completed application and provide an applicant with notification of an admission outcome. Potential admission outcomes include: Admit, Deny, or Waitlist. Applicants who receive notification of waitlist will be provided a final admission outcome of Admit or Deny at latest April 26, 2024.
Applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis until the application portal closes. With rolling admissions, we will admit qualified students until we are at capacity. It is beneficial for an applicant to apply early and to complete the application by the end of December 2023. The application for fall 2024 admission consideration will close on March 1, 2024.