Offered at our main campus in Tallahassee, Florida, and at our Panama City campus, our nationally accredited BSW program provides quality preparation and on-the-job experience for entry-level practitioners who will work with diverse client systems and problems. Students pursuing this degree also receive the option to earn an MSW degree in one year through our advanced-standing program.
PROGRAM OF STUDY
Both part-time and full-time programs of study are available, but most courses are offered during daytime hours.
The curriculum sequence is structured, requiring approximately four semesters to complete all course requirements for the major, and a minimum of 50 credit hours in social work is required for graduation:
- 38 credit hours of coursework
- 12 credit hours of field instruction (512 clock hours) that offers our students the unique opportunity to gain professional experience while under the supervision of a professional social worker in an agency setting.
Our full-time academic advisor offers students individualized attention and specific guidance related to their program of study.
- Four-Year Program of Study – FSU (Site opens in new tab)
- Two-Year Program of Study – AA Transfer [PDF opens in new tab]
- Panama City Program of Study (Site opens in new tab)
Areas of Focus
FSU College of Social Work coursework includes a range of areas of focus in the field of social work. Click below for advising sheets providing information on suggested courses in the areas of focus below:
University Center C2413
BSW Program Office
University Center, Bldg. C, Room C-2412
College of Social Work
Florida State University
Tallahassee, FL 32306-2570
Phone: (850) 644-5713 or (800) 378-9550
Fax: (850) 644-9750