Frequently Asked Questions
Where should I send my transcripts?
Please send your transcripts to the University Office of Admissions:
Mail transcripts to:
Florida State University
Office of Graduate Admissions
222 S. Copeland Street
314 Westcott Building
Tallahassee, FL 32306-1410
Electronic transcripts to: email@example.com
To upload unofficial transcripts, go to your Application Status Page under the "upload materials" section, and select "Unofficial College Transcript." *Be sure to upload transcripts from any university you have earned credits from.
The university policy allows for application review based on unofficial transcripts. Then, if admitted, you must submit official transcripts within your first semester.
**If you graduated from FSU your transcripts are on file with the University. You do not need to request that a copy be sent.
If you are interested in the JD/MSW program please contact the College of Law. The College of Law has a unique admissions process independent of University Admissions. Please click http://www.law.fsu.edu for more information.
I received my undergraduate degree from FSU. Do I need to provide transcripts?
No, if you graduated from FSU with your undergraduate degree, you are not required to provide transcripts.
How are recommendation letters submitted?
- Recommendation letters should be submitted electronically via the online application.
- Once you reach that part of the application, it will require you to enter (3) recommender’s names and emails.
- They will be sent an email with a link that will allow them to upload their letter and return it to us.
My recommender did not receive the email from the application, what should I do?
If this happens, please ask the person submitting the recommendation to email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I follow the progress of my recommendation letters?
You can log in to the application and check the progress of your letters in the Application Status Check page.
- It is important to follow the progress of your recommendation letters, as we will not review your file until all (3) letters are received.
How will my GPA calculated?
We will calculate your upper division undergraduate GPA. This will include your last 60 hours, or junior and senior years.
What is the required GPA?
We require a 3.00 for your upper division undergraduate GPA.
- If you do not meet the 3.00 requirement, you must submit the ‘Petition for Exceptional Consideration’, found on our Admissions Information page.
- If you have a completed Master’s degree, you are exempt from this requirement.
When will my application be reviewed?
Once you have submitted your application, it will be reviewed once all materials are received. This will include your personal statement, resume, all 3 recommendation letters, GRE scores and transcripts.
How long is the review process, once my application is complete?
The review process typically takes 3-6 weeks. However, this time frame can vary in high volume circumstances.
- We will notify you of our decision as soon as possible.
How will I be notified of my decision?
You will be notified via email of your decision.
- The email will be sent to the email you provided in your application. If you were a previous or are a current FSU student, this will probably be your FSU email address.
Where can I find more about the Online MSW?
Visit the Online MSW website for more information.