Frequently Asked Questions
Where should I send my transcripts?
Please send your transcripts to the University Office of Admissions:
- Florida State University
Office of Admissions
282 Champions Way
Tallahassee FL 32306-2400
I received my undergraduate degree from FSU. Do I need to provide transcripts?
No, if you graduated from FSU with your undergraduate degree, you are not required to provide transcripts.
How are recommendation letters submitted?
- Recommendation letters should be submitted electronically via the online application.
- Once you reach that part of the application, it will require you to enter (3) recommender’s names and emails.
- They will be sent an email with a link that will allow them to upload their letter and return it to us.
My recommender did not receive the email from the application, what should I do?
If this happens, please ask the person submitting the recommendation to email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I follow the progress of my recommendation letters?
You can log in to the application and check the progress of your letters in the Application Status Check page.
- It is important to follow the progress of your recommendation letters, as we will not review your file until all (3) letters are received.
What is the minimum required score for the GRE ?
We do not have a minimum required score for the GRE exam.
- While we do not have a minimum required score for the GRE, the score is taken into consideration when a file is reviewed. All components of the application are considered when reviewing a prospective student's application and as such the GRE score is also included.
Where can I sign up to take the GRE exam?
You can find test dates and locations for the GRE exam at www.ETS.org.
How should I send my GRE scores?
Once you take the GRE exam, you will choose FSU (university code 5219) to send them to.
- GRE scores take approximately 10-15 days to be sent electronically from ETS to FSU.
Where can I check if GRE scores and transcripts have been received?
For this, you will go to the online status check at https://admissions.fsu.edu/StatusCheck/.
- The status check is connected to the Office of Admissions. If you send your transcripts to the College of Social Work, they may not show as being received. Please check with us, to ensure they are sent to the Office of Admissions.
How will my GPA calculated?
We will calculate your upper division undergraduate GPA. This will include your last 60 hours, or junior and senior years.
What is the required GPA?
We require a 3.00 for your upper division undergraduate GPA.
- If you do not meet the 3.00 requirement, you must submit the ‘Petition for Exceptional Consideration’, found on our Admissions Information page.
- If you have a completed Master’s degree, you are exempt from this requirement.
When will my application be reviewed?
Once you have submitted your application, it will be reviewed once all materials are received. This will include your personal statement, resume, all 3 recommendation letters, GRE scores and transcripts.
How long is the review process, once my application is complete?
The review process typically takes 3-6 weeks. However, this time frame can vary in high volume circumstances.
- We will notify you of our decision as soon as possible.
How will I be notified of my decision?
You will be notified via email of your decision.
- The email will be sent to the email you provided in your application. If you were a previous or are a current FSU student, this will probably be your FSU email address.
Where can I find more about the Online MSW?
Visit the Online MSW website for more information.