Family Support Services provides services to children and families in Pasco County, Pinellas County, Duval County, and Nassau County. Child welfare and family services include, but are not limited to the following: Adoptions, Child Placement, Quality Management, Case Management, Foster Parent Training, Foster/Group Home Licensing, Independent Living/Extended Foster Care Services, Kinship Care Assistance, Out-of-Home Care, and Family Preservation Services. Ages of clients can range from 0-21 (children and young adults) and their caregivers (adults of all ages).
Intern Job Description: Please write a brief description of the tasks and responsibilities that an intern will complete during their internship experience.
Some of their responsibilities will include:
• Learning and using community resources
• Identify danger threats and identifying proper safety management
• Attending court
• Reviewing files, charts and cases
• Providing Supervisory consults and reviews
• Group trainings
• Assessment conditions to return
• Identifying safety and well-being measures
• Providing case managers supervision and guidance
Special Placement Information:
BSW Full-time, MSW 1st year students, BSW Part-time BSW, Part-time MSW. The student will need to provide their own transportation and a stipend will not be available. A Level-2 background screening is required to be completed for interns placed at FSS. There are no special COVID related restrictions. FSS office business hours are from 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM, but field work extends into the evening hours.