Tallahassee, FL 32303
Alzheimer’s Project of Tallahassee is primarily focused on providing trained volunteer respite care for caregivers of Alzheimer’s (or related disorders) patients. We train volunteers, assess clients, and match volunteers with clients. Caregivers provide case management, provide monthly respite rooms and caregiver support groups. We follow up with clients and support volunteers. Clients ages range from approximately 55 to 95. We also focus on administrative social work relating to grants, fundraising, and program design.
- BSW, MSW generalist. Full-time/part-time.
- Students must provide own transportation.
- Work related travel is reimbursed.
- Stipends are not available.
- Students are covered under the agency’s liability policy.
- Audio and videotaping are permitted with client permission.
- Flexible hours, including weekends and evenings.